Ophthalmic surgery is the specific area of pet care involving treatment of an animal’s eyes. For certain breeds, this service also involves the examination and certification of breeding dogs to verify their eyes are in good condition.
Eye examinations require specific equipment, and this is why we enlist the help of Dr Robert Harris. Many eye conditions can be treated medically, however, specific conditions may require surgery
Our practice is fully equipped to offer the following eye surgeries:
- Enucleation (removal) of the eye for severe glaucoma or cancer cases
- Entropion surgery to prevent ocular damage from inward pointing eye lashes/eyelids
- Ectropion surgery to correct outward facing lower eyelids
- Eyelid tumour removal
- Cherry eye surgery to correct a protruding third eyelid in dogs
- Surgery to repair corneal ulcers (ulcers on the eye surface)
- Cataract surgery
If you wish to be referred to Dr Robert Harris please contact our veterinary staff to organise a consultation.